Sunday, January 19, 2014

Sunday funday!

Hello!

So... I'm not going to lie. I had to have a Nanna nap this afternoon. I better have the biggest calf muscles in the world shortly!

Today I went on another walk, this time up to a place I will spend a fair amount of time over the next few months . It wasn't too far away (about 10min walk) and I tried my hardest to be a stealth local. Crossing the intersections is fun (there's no green man to cross - you cross when the traffic in the opposite direction is driving.. Ie.. It's dodgemcars central). Anyway, as I walk through the alleyway (in a non creepy way) I see some signs which make my heart beat a little less frequently. "it's the right direction" I scream inside... With a deep breath! Eventually I'm where I need to be and I can tick that off the list until tomorrow :-D.

After my initial stroll I walk up to do some light shopping and have a bite to eat at central chidlom. I can confirm my Thai is no where near good enough to hold a conversation... But I'm trying!

As for the smells in the street.. They remind me of Indonesia and every now and then you get a wiff that turns your stomach like 0 gravity. But, you know, that's what it's all about. Slums and fun!

I could write more and more but I'll try and keep it short and sweet with frequent bursts! To end, here is a pic I just took out of my bedroom window.

Night night bangers, see you tomorrow :)

No comments:

Post a Comment