Saturday, January 25, 2014

Local..?

Hi guys,

I'm slowly blending in more and more!

For lunch, I have been eating with the locals in the little side shops. There are no menus or guides to help. It's as literal as sitting down, writing the tables order on a peice of paper and handing it to the 'waiter/server'. I asked the guys how do they always know what to order.... Quite a simple answer :
"it's either a rice shop or noodle shop with either pork or beef, depending on the day. We know this by the dish next to the open kitchen. If it's a plate or a bowl "

So, there you go. Simple really...!! Definitely beats a Western restaurant with a 10 Page menu with BLT, BLAT, Cnr, parmigiana etc etc. You catch my drift ;-)

As for the tastes? Absolutely delicious! It's spicy yes but not too bad. The guys tested me on Friday to see if I could handle "real Thai spice". I'm proud to say I survived and was drinking the noodle soup it was that delicious. One of the locals was sniffing from the spice. Go figure!

Attached below is a pic of the dish after I had the noodles. Let's just say yes, that is the insides of a pig. Ticked that off the bucket list!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment