Sunday, February 2, 2014

Dream world!

For some reason or another I have never really associated Asia with themeparks (apart from Disneyland Tokyo I guess). So, it was to much suprise that I was asked to go to a themepark on the weekend. I gladly accepted the offer!

The park itself is called dream world (yes!) and is about a 40 minute bus trip from Bangkok (central Bangkok anyway).

The rides are very similar to dreamworld in Australia, however with shorter lines and an Asian twist! Most notably was the distinct loud music on each ride (in a good way), which amplified the party atmosphere. The layout of the park is pretty smart, with hidden things everywhere. Lots of shops and restrooms around and at cheap prices (hint :Australia take note).

Overall it was one of the best days I have had in a while - at one point I lost my breath from laughing so much. Let's just say that different cultures face fear in different ways (you can imagine the rest!!).

The rides were really good and we conquered all the 'big boy' ones.. Successfully turning the stomach 360 at the same time. Vommiiiitttttttttt!!!!

The most surprising was a snow world... Pretty much a big freezer which is - 6*. We sleighed (?) down the snow Hill, which was so so Fun. Naturally we then had a snow fight.... Until it felt like I was throwing my hand too as I could no longer feel it. Ahhhhhh!!!!!!!

To cap the day off we went through the haunted house... For Daniel to experience "Thai ghosts". Yeh. Whatever. I screamed the loudest, jumped the most. Masculinity was soaring at that point......

Anyway, we caught the bus home (maybe a Nanna nap occurred in transit I can't confirm, however the trip was quicker.. Ha!). From there we went to dinner ( a tepenyaki style restaurant) with a stove top on the table and you cook your own food/soup, add tofu, vegetables, cheese, egg, pork, seafood, noodles, duck.. Etc. It was delicious! So. Much. Food.!!!

Overall a reallllllly cool day! Photos, photos, photos..............

No comments:

Post a Comment