Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Rain god ?

Yesterday at lunch I asked my team mates "when is this flood time coming??". They all laughed, shrugged and said "It's dryer than normal this year - be thankful! This time 3 years ago we were underwater..".   I humbly accepted that fact.

5 hours later, when we were just about to finish for the day - BOOM. thunder. Someone runs in to say "Ahh, apparently it's raining really heavy outside". My team mates all turn and look at me - "Happy?". i smiled!

Funny thing is that since then, it has been overcast and showering on/off. Call me the rain god, but I love it! Everything and everyone just seems better/happier when it's about to rain - excitement central!   Though, I am not looking forward to being drenched and trawling through puddles of sewage.....that's another problem.

More good news is that tomorrow is our friday as this friday is a public holiday (say it with me = W-I-N-N-I-N-G). I have dinner with friends tomorrow night to celebrate a long weekend :).

I think this weekend I will try and get to Chatuchak Market (Jatujak) - http://www.chatuchak.org . Very famous and massive market, however surprisingly i have not been there yet (a bit touristy and not a big fan of the touristy items) - but it's another item to tick off the bucket list. Watch this space!

You will also be pleased to know my food journey has not stopped - spicy delights and also the favourites - fried banana, sweet potato, sweet banana..

Enjoy :) x

No comments:

Post a Comment